I’ve started a new blog, dedicated to equipping ministry leaders to be more faithful and fruitful. Thanks for stopping by!
I have been thinking about starting a blog for while now, and I’ve finally pulled the trigger on FaithfulAndFruitful.com. Here’s why:
- To further develop my writing. Through recently filling out a questionnaire with our staff, I realized that one of my strengths is writing. While many find it daunting, I do not. At the same time, it’s something I want to cultivate and improve. Establishing a rhythm of regular writing is something I want to do, regardless of how much traffic this site gets.
- To share resources that will help develop leaders. Another strength and passion of mine is developing leaders. I love seeing people with potential and investing in them. I love running with the runners. This blog should serve as another environment for me to develop and serve leaders.
- To build a platform that will serve the vision of Redemption Church. We are aggressively training leaders and planting churches, and I hope this blog becomes an avenue for young leaders to discover who we are and, potentially, partner with us in the future.
- To clarify my own thinking and leadership. I find that writing helps me solidify my own convictions and reminds me of what I know is important. For instance, writing recently about prioritizing my relationship with Jesus has helped propel me into more quality time with him.
What to Expect
I’m planning to write 3-4 times per week about things I’ve learned or am learning that will help ministry leaders (vocational or volunteer) be more faithful and fruitful. You can read how I am using the terms faithful and fruitful here. You can also read more about me and this blog here.
How to Participate
I hope you’ll engage with me over the ideas I’m sharing. Here are a couple of ways to participate:
- Subscribe. This will deliver the freshest content to you as soon as it hits the world wide web. You can have it delivered to your RSS reader or to your Email inbox. Check out my Subscribe page for more info.
- Comment. Join the conversation! If there’s something you agree with, tell me. If there’s something you disagree with, tell me that too. If you have questions or additional thoughts, let me know. I will end most posts with a question to get the ball rolling, so either answer the question or take it somewhere else more relevant to you.
- Contact me. I’d love to hear from you, so if you have other things you’d like to discuss or contact me about, feel free to contact me.
What I’ve Written So Far
I wanted to have at least a few articles posted prior to launching so that you could get a feel for what this blog will be like. Here are some things to check out:
- The Both Manifesto — the driving philosophy behind this blog.
- The Obvious Secret to Christian Leadership — forget this, forget having a long-term influence.
- The Primary Job of a Ministry Leader — this is what ministry is about.
What topics or issues related to ministry and leadership would be most relevant and helpful to you?