I’ve recently been writing about money and why I no longer dread preaching about it. I thought I’d recommend some money resources that have helped me personally and in ministry.
- Maximize: How to Develop Extravagant Givers in Your Church (Nelson Searcy) — The title is a little over-the-top, but it’s a must-read for pastors and church planters. I recommend it to every church planter I assess and they all thank me later.
- The Treasure Principle: Discovering the Secret of Joyful Giving (Randy Alcorn) — Short, simple book on generosity and giving.
- Money, Possessions & Eternity (Randy Alcorn) — The most thorough book on biblical finances that I know.
- Managing God’s Money (Randy Alcorn) — A kind of abridged version of Money, Possessions, & Eternity.
- Money: God or Gift? (Jamie Munson) — Helpful overview of the role of money in a Christian’s life.
ARTICLES & E-BOOKS
- 39 Things Pastors Need to Know About Money (Michael Lukaszewski) — Just made all our Pastoral Residents read this.
- Creation, Fall, Redemption and Your Money (Tim Keller) — Good theological perspective on money.
- Giving 2.0 (Andy Stanley) — Extremely helpful explanation of why regular, percentage giving to a church makes such an impact.
- Generosity (Luke Simmons) — I’m kind of partial to this one.
- Hope and Money (Tim Keller) — So good.
ORGANIZATIONS & CLASSES
- Financial Peace University — We’ve helped dozens of people at our church have more financial freedom and generosity through these classes.
- Crown Financial Ministry — My wife and I took this during our first year of marriage and it helped tremendously.
- GenerousChurch.com — Many helpful resources.
- Auxano Campaigns — Auxano and Todd McMichen have been very helpful to Redemption with capital campaigns.